TMA Resources Gives Back
TMA Resources has an inherent responsibility to give back; as individual employees we have a huge personal desire to make a difference in our community. Social responsibility is part of the culture at TMA Resources.
We signed up as a supporter of ASAE and The Center’s Global Principles for Socially Responsible Associations & Nonprofits. By adopting the Global Principles, TMA Resources is committing to embrace, advocate, support, and enact the core values that promote socially responsible action. TMA Resources donates everything from food to supplies to funds to time in order to help those in need. Recent worthy causes we’ve supported include:
American Red Cross
TMA Resources sponsored a blood-drive through the American Red Cross. In order to encourage participation and to help spread the word about the importance of giving blood, TMA Resources invited not just employees, but the entire building, and twin building next door, to participate.
In 2010, TMA Resources’ employees, customers, partners, and friends started participating in the Wilson Bridge Half Marathon to raise money for Autism Speaks. Members of “Team TMA Resources” volunteer by running, cheering, and handing out water at the TMA Resources’ water station. With only three races under its belt, TMA Resources already has raised more than $95,000.00 to support Autism Speaks. This year’s race will take place October 6, 2013. Donate to Autism Speaks on behalf of Team TMA Resources.
Capital Area Food Bank
Each year TMA Resources participates in Delcor’s .org Community Food Drive. Over the years TMA Resources staff have made generous product and financial donations, which has added up to more than 40,000 meals to benefit the Capital Area Food Bank.
Doctors Without Borders
TMA Resources’ employees donated more than $7,000.00 to Doctors Without Borders to support relief efforts for the devastation caused by the earthquake in Haiti. Doctors Without Borders is a medical humanitarian organization that assists people whose survival is threatened by violence, neglect, or catastrophe.
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
Along with their families, many TMA Resources staff participated in the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation’s (JDRF) VA walk to Cure Diabetes. Employees collected $4,576 to support research to find a cure for juvenile (type 1) diabetes. TMA Resources matched that organization dollar for dollar bringing the total amount raised up to $9,152.
So Others Might Eat
To celebrate Thanksgiving TMA Resources makes monetary contribution to So Others Might Eat (SOME) in honor of our valued customers. The thousands of dollars donated by TMA Resources helps feed the hungry and care for the homeless and poor in our Nation’s Capitol.
TMA Resources Annual Users Group (TAUG) Contributions
During the TMA Resources Annual Users Group (TAUG) meeting, we make a conscious effort to leave a positive footprint in our host city:
- We donated two large terra-cotta planters to help green the city of Louisville.
- In San Juan we made a donation to help with the maintenance and preservation of the El Yunque National Forest.
- In Austin we donated to Sammy’s House, a nonprofit organization that provides services to children who are medically fragile and/or developmentally delayed.
- TMA Resources adopted a whale in support of the Vancouver Aquarium’s research and in honor of our TAUG 2011 attendees.
- TAUG attendees and Marriott employees joined members of Back on My Feet, a nonprofit that promotes self-sufficiency of the homeless population, in Indianapolis for a three mile run—in the rain to show their support. TMA Resources and attendees also made donations to the organization.
- To help protect and sustain the Sonoran Desert and Mountains, TMA Resources donated to the McDowell Sonoran Conservancy in honor of TAUG 2013 attendees.